2018 CAPDHHE National Conference
You say you want a [R]EVOLUTION!
Equity and Inclusion in Challenging Times
Registration is now open for the 2018 CAPDHHE National Conference, which will be held at Ryerson University in Toronto, May 7-9.
Monday, May 7, 2018 will feature pre-conference registration and the opening night reception with a featured guest speaker, which will be of interest to CAPDHHE members and beyond. Please save the date in your calendar and stay tuned for details!
May 8 & 9, 2018 is devoted to the main conference and will focus on the challenges of human rights work in the post-secondary sector.
Conference sessions will address the following key themes:
- Freedom of Speech v. Academic Freedom v. Hate Speech
- Practical challenges of our work – under-resourcing, increasing caseloads, legalistic nature of the work, formal investigations, case management tracking, recording of conversations etc.
- Implementation of Sexual Violence Policies/Legislation
- Global to Local Movements Affecting our Campuses: Indigenization of the Curriculum, Truth and Reconciliation Commission – Calls to Action, Anti-Black Racism issues, #metoo Campaign, Fighting Against White Supremacy and Islamophobia, Cannabis Legalization, etc.,
- Social Media impact on our work
Hosted in Toronto, CAPDHHE 2018 will welcome presenters and delegates from different regions, languages, and social locations across the country to give voice to the changing climate of equity work throughout the country and beyond.
This year's CAPDHHE Conference is being held in conjunction with Ryerson's White Privilege Conference, May 9-12, 2018. An annual symposium in the United States, this is the first time the conference will take place in Toronto. The event will be a great opportunity to engage openly in honest, critical, solutions-based discussions that address obstacles as they relate to issues that focus on and go beyond race. Visit: https://www.ryerson.ca/wpc-global/
Register for both conferences and save $100!
All Conference registration fees include a one-year individual membership in CAPDHHE!
There are four choices for registration:
- EARLY BIRD RATE (until April 9) – 2 days CAPDHHE Conference (with opening reception on May 7), including taxes: $300.00
- 2 days CAPDHHE Conference (with opening reception on May 7), including taxes: $350.00
- Joint registration for both the CAPDHHE National Conference and Ryerson’s White Privilege Conference, including taxes: $600.00
- Add-on Registration for 2 day CAPDHHE Conference (if you’ve already registered for Ryerson’s White Privilege Conference), including taxes: $250.00
Just click on our Eventbrite page to make your purchase: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/2018-capdhhe-conference-colloque-acpdhmes-2018-tickets-44746976411