2018 CAPDHHE National Conference – Call for Proposals
The Canadian Association for the Prevention of Discrimination and Harassment in Higher Education (CAPDHHE) is calling for presenters for the 2018 CAPDHHE National Conference.
You say you want a [R]EVOLUTION!
Equity and Inclusion in Challenging Times
Date: Monday, May 7, 2018 to Wednesday, May 9, 2018 (followed by the White Privilege Conference at Ryerson University, May 9-12, 2018)
Location: Ryerson University, Toronto, Ontario
May 7, 2018 is a pre-conference day, which will be of interest to CAPDHHE members with an evening reception and guest speaker. Please save the date and stay tuned for details!
May 8 & 9, 2018 are devoted to the main conference and will focus on the challenges of human rights and equity work in the post-secondary sector. (Some overlap with WPC on May 9.)
We invite you to submit a proposal by completing the submission form by Friday, March 2, 2018 addressing one of the 2018 conference themes.
- Freedom of Speech v. Academic Freedom v. Hate Speech
- Practical challenges of our work – under-resourcing, increasing caseloads, legalistic nature of the work, formal investigations, case management tracking, recording of conversations etc.
- Implementation of Sexual Violence Policies/Legislation
- Global to Local Movements Affecting our Campuses: Indigenization of the Curriculum, Truth and Reconciliation Commission – Calls to Action, Anti-Black Racism issues, #metoo Campaign, Fighting Against White Supremacy and Islamophobia, Cannabis Legalization, etc.
- Social Media impact on our work.
Deadline for Submission: Friday, March 2, 2018.
Each session will be 75 minutes in duration and the rooms can accommodate up to 30 participants.
The Planning Committee will respond to all proposals no later than March 23, 2018.