2017 CAPDHHE National Conference
Dialogue on Inclusion: Solutions for College and University Campuses
Date: June 7-9, 2017
Location: Montpetit Hall, 125 University Private, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario
June 7, 2017 is a pre-conference day, which will be of interest to CAPDHHE members and beyond. Please save the date in your calendar and stay tuned for details!
June 8 & 9, 2017 is devoted to the main conference and will focus on the challenges of human rights work in the post-secondary sector.
Conference sessions will address the following key topics:
- The experience of Black and racialized students, staff, and faculty on campuses across North America with regard to systemic oppression, academic freedom, and diversity initiatives.
- Indigenizing Canadian Campuses, in conversation with the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action and the UNDRIP.
- Addressing and combatting Islamophobia on Canadian campuses.
- Establishing safe and inclusive campus communities for Trans* and gender diverse persons on Canadian campuses.
- Preventing and responding to sexual violence on campus.
Hosted in the nation’s capital, during the Canada 150 celebrations by the University of Ottawa, CAPDHHE 2017 will welcome presenters and delegates from different regions, languages, and social locations to give voice to the changing climate of equity work throughout the country and beyond.